|Aaron Fitzgerald surprises New Yorkers with flips, barrel rolls and nose dives.|
|Aerobatics pilot and former U.S Serviceman Aaron Fitzgerald chose the open space of the Hudson River in New York to stun onlookers with a wide range of helicopter tricks. Here is all you need to know:|
– Fitzgerald performed the flips, barrel rolls and nose dives in front of the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park and alongside the West Side Highway.
– The pilot chose the unique practice course in preparation for the Memorial Day Weekend’s Bethpage Air Show.
– The Red Bull helicopter is able to perform the tricks through the use of a unique titanium rotor. It allows Fitzgerald to reverse the airflow through the rotor without damaging anything, ensuring he can safely execute the manoeuvres.
– Spectators in the area at the same time were surprised to look up and witness the high-skilled aerial flight happening in their own backyard.
– Fitzgerald is a medal of Valor recipient and spends the majority of his time flying for the film and television industry.