Honda’s iconic V-4 powerplants have an alluring character all their own, a unique combination of torque, an aggressive rush of power as the tach needle swings up into the meaty part of the powerband, and a certain texture to the engine feel that tells you this could only be a Honda V-4. The new Interceptor® has all of that and more, including a chassis with that special Honda blend of agility and comfort that strikes an ideal balance for all-day rides on your favorite twisting roads. A stout single-side swingarm and radial-mounted front brakes make sport riding especially fun, and a front-mounted radiator gives the Interceptor a slim profile. To ensure long-term comfort, the Interceptor has upright, neutral ergonomics as well as an adjustable seat. This is a sport bike with plenty of emphasis on sport, plus the versatility for commuting, two-up fun rides and long-haul sport touring. The Deluxe model adds ABS, Traction Control, grip heaters, self-canceling turn signals, and a centerstand for riders wanting even more features.
Colors: Red, Pearl White; Price: $12,499 – $13,499; Availability: May 2014
Honda-exclusive VTEC engine combines the power characteristics of both two- and four-valve cylinder-head designs. The engine runs on two valves per cylinder at lower engine speeds, then switches to four valves per cylinder in a seamless transition as revs build. This results in stronger low-end and mid-range horsepower and torque while maintaining impressive high-rpm power.
- Honda Pro-Arm® rear suspension system uses a new single-side swingarm to help produce excellent suspension action.
- Large-diameter 43mm fork offers spring preload for added versatility.
- Triple-box-section twin-spar aluminum frame features a tuned, pivotless design that isolates the engine-mounted swingarm from the frame for excellent sport performance and ride comfort.
- Radial-mount front brakes deliver cutting-edge stopping action.
- Riding position is more upright for greater long-range comfort.
- Seat can be adjusted for a seat height varying from 31.0 inches to 31.8 inches.
- Single-muffler exhaust system gives a new look while also saving a significant amount of weight.
- 10-spoke wheels add function and style.
- Curb weight of 527 pounds for lightweight feel.
- Meter package features a digital speedometer and tachometer, gear position indicator, MPG readout, ambient air temperature gauge and clock.
- LED taillight and headlight with accent lights provide excellent visibility and a distinctive touch.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Model: VFR800F / VFR800F Deluxe
- Engine Type: 782cc liquid-cooled 90° V-4
- Bore and Stroke: 72mm x 48mm
- Compression ratio: 11.8:1
- Valve Train: VTEC DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 36mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front: 43mm fork with spring preload, rebound damping adjustability (Deluxe model only); 4.3 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
- Front: Dual radial-mount four-piston calipers with full-floating 310mm discs
- Rear: Single 256mm disc
- ABS on Deluxe model (VFR800F Deluxe)
- Front: 120/70ZR-17
- Rear: 180/55ZR-17
Wheelbase: 57.4 inches
Raek (Caster angle): 25.5°
Trail: 95mm (3.74 inches)
Seat Height: Adjustable; 31.0 inches to 31.8 inches
Fuel Capacity: 5.2 gallons
Estimated Fuel Economy**: TBD
Colors: Red, Pearl White
Curb Weight*: 529 pounds (VFR800F) / 536 pounds (VFR800F Deluxe)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on-road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
©2014 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. • All Rights Reserved • Specifications subject to change