LA Galaxy 1, New York City FC 2
LA Galaxy 1, New York City FC 2
Sunday, March 11, 2018 – 2:00 p.m. PT
2018 MLS Regular Season
Yankee Stadium – Bronx, New York
NYC – Anton Tinnerholm 22’
NYC – David Villa 33’
LA – Jonathan dos Santos 60’ (Assisted by Emmanuel Boateng, Sebastian Lletget)
LA – Jonathan dos Santos (caution) 11’
LA – Ashley Cole (caution) 76’
LA – Ashley Cole (ejection; second caution) 85’
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Rolf Feltscher, Michael Ciani (Daniel Steres 45’), Jorgen Skjelvik, Ashley Cole ©; Jonathan dos Santos, Perry Kitchen; Sebastian Lletget (Dave Romney 77’), Giovani dos Santos (Servando Carrasco HT), Emmanuel Boateng; Ola Kamara.
Substitutions not used: Justin Vom Steeg, Emrah Klimenta, Baggio Husidic, Ariel Lassiter.
TOTAL SHOTS: 7; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 11; OFFSIDE: 4; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 2.
New York City FC: Sean Johnson, Anton Tinnerholm, Sebastian Ibeagha, Alexander Callens, Ben Sweat, Alexander Ring, Yangel Herrera, Jesús Medina (Ebenezer Ofori 68’), Maximiliano Morález, Rodney Wallace (Ronald Matarrita 89’), David Villa © (Ismael Tajour 87’)
Substitutions not used: Brad Stuver, Cédric Hountondji, Thomas McNamara, Kwame Awuah
TOTAL SHOTS: 12; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 15; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 5.
Referee: Ismail Elfath
Referee’s Assistants: Corey Parker and Kathryn Nesbitt
4th Official: Alex Chilowicz
VAR: Jorge Gonzalez
- In their second match of the 2018 MLS Regular Season, the LA Galaxy faced New York City FC at Yankee Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
- A second-half goal from midfielder Jonathan dos Santos wasn’t enough to complete a comeback as LA (1-1-0, 3 points) fell 2-1 to NYCFC (2-0-0, 6 points).
- This season, the Galaxy are now 1-1-0 for six points, with three goals scored and three goals conceded.
- Five newcomers made their second-ever MLS starts for the LA Galaxy: David Bingham, Rolf Feltscher, Jorgen Skjelvik, Perry Kitchen and Ola Kamara.
- Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos notched his first goal of the season – the second in his MLS career – when he scored a second-half tally.
- Midfielder Sebastian Lletget made his first MLS start in nearly a calendar year. His last MLS start came on March 18, 2017 when the Galaxy played a road contest against Real Salt Lake.
- Sunday’s match marked the Galaxy’s 698th game all-time in Major League Soccer, cumulating a record of 316-235-147 in the regular season overall.
- During that span, the Galaxy have now scored 631 goals and recorded 650 assists.
- The Galaxy are now 114-155-80 during the MLS Regular Season in road contests, including 0-2-0 at Yankee Stadium.
- LA have gone 17-11-7 during the month of March during their 23-year history.
- LA Galaxy Head Coach Sigi Schmid has now gone 231-174-117 during his 19-year coaching career in Major League Soccer.
- Defender Ashley Cole started and captained the side, marking his 56th start in Major League Soccer since joining the team two seasons ago.
- The Galaxy were without Romain Alessandrini, Joao Pedro, Chris Pontius and Bradford Jamieson IV due to injury on Sunday afternoon.
- Michael Ciani and Giovani dos Santos left Sunday’s match with injuries sustained during the contest.
- In their next contest, the Galaxy will have a bye week in MLS play before a road contest against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday, March 24.
- For a full LA Galaxy schedule from the 2018 season, visit www.lagalaxy.com/schedule.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.
- CORTESIA: CLUB LA GALAXY