BOOK A LIBRARIAN
AT THE CENTRAL LIBRARY
Book a Librarian is the Houston Public Library’s (HPL) newest service being provided at the Central Library. This service was created because the Library has so much to offer and some customers may not know that it offers more than just books. Book a Librarian will introduce customers to a library world that they may not know is there. The Library offers an array of diverse resources at its facility and also online that are available when they need them. Book a Librarian is a free service. A professional reference librarian or another trained staff member will assist you. For details visit: http://houstonlibrary.
The Central Library is located downtown at 500 McKinney St., 77002, across from City Hall.
About Book a Librarian
Schedule a free session with a professional reference librarian or another trained staff member at the Central Library.
Appointments are generally available Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 5 PM. Please allow 1-2 business days for appointment confirmation.
- We offer assistance in using the library’s resources
- Sessions last approximately 45 minutes
- You may request up to one session per month
- Appointments take place on the 2nd Floor Compass Center at Central Library
- Have your MY Link card ready
- For research assistance, check our Ask a Librarian services.
Book a Librarian can help you with using online and print resources for:
- Small businesses
- Nonprofit organizations
- Assistance with a job search
- Using e-books and e-audiobooks
- Using the Library’s online catalog