Leesburg Police Announce Dates for 2023 Summer Camps
Leesburg, VA – The Leesburg Police Department is excited to announce our 2023 summer camps. Residents of the Town of Leesburg are given first consideration for each camp.
Summer Baseball Camp: June 20 – 23, 2023 (Application due date: May 20, 2023)
- This camp (for students who have completed 5th grade but have not yet entered 9th grade) provides youth with instruction in the fundamental skills of baseball. Participants will work in small groups on the mechanics of hitting, fundamentals of fielding (infield and outfield), pitching, catching, baserunning and other strategies to teach each participant and help them learn the game. We will also discuss each position on the field and what their responsibilities are. The last day will be a culmination of the topics learned and a full game will be played. 2023 will be the inaugural summer for this new camp!
Camp Independence: July 10 – 14, 2023
- The purpose of Camp Independence is to include high school students (ages 14-17) who have disabilities in an adapted camp environment where they will be exposed to activities that teach them how to successfully live an independent life.
• There is no application for Camp Independence. Camp Independence participants are selected by the Leesburg Police Department in partnership with Loudoun County Public Schools.
Kidsmart Safety Camp: May 15, 202: July 17 – 21, 2023 (Application due date: May 31, 2023)
- This camp (for ages 6-10) focuses on a specific safety topic each day. These topics will include animal/wildlife safety, fire safety, firearm safety, personal safety, and bicycle safety.
Junior Police Camp: July 24 – 28, 2023 (Application due date: May 31, 2023)
- This camp (for students who have completed 6th grade but have not yet entered 9th grade) provides youth with law enforcement education for future outstanding citizen, focusing on team building, leadership, conflict resolution, character education and physical fitness.