TOP LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT FINISHERS
(#6) NIKITA KRYLOV AND (#8) RYAN SPANN
COLLIDE AT UFC® APEX IN LAS VEGAS
(#11) ANDRE MUNIZ vs. BRENDAN ALLEN
Las Vegas – UFC® delivers another thrilling night of fights at UFC APEX, headlined by a light heavyweight contenders’ bout between No. 6 ranked Nikita Krylov and No. 8 Ryan Spann. Also, No. 11 ranked middleweight contender Andre Muniz battles Brendan Allen in a clash of Dana White’s Contender Series signees.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: KRYLOV vs. SPANN will take place Saturday, February 25 at UFC APEX in Las Vegas. The entire card will be available on ESPN+ in English and Spanish, with the main card starting at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT and the prelims at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT.
Krylov (29-9, fighting out of Donetsk, Ukraine) intends to start his 2023 season off with another memorable finish. Among the most exciting fighters at light heavyweight, he holds wins over former title challengers Volkan Oezdemir, Alexander Gustafsson and Ovince Saint Preux. Krylov now aims to stop Spann and set himself up for a shot at the division’s Top 5.
Spann (21-7, fighting out of Beaumont, Texas) looks to continue his ascent to the top of the 205-pound ladder with a statement victory. A submission specialist with KO power, he has secured impressive finishes against Dominick Reyes, Ion Cutelaba and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Spann now hopes to make the most of his second main event opportunity by taking out Krylov in impressive fashion.
Muniz (23-4, fighting out of Montes Claros, MG, Brazil) plans to continue his hot streak with another statement performance. A Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, he has earned memorable victories over Uriah Hall, Eryk Anders and Jacare Souza. Muniz now has his sights set on defending his spot in the rankings by securing his 10th consecutive win.
Allen (20-5, fighting out of Milwaukee, Wisc.) looks to break into the middleweight Top 15 with a show-stealing finish. A talented grappler currently riding a three-fight win streak, he has turned heads with notable submission victories against Krzysztof Jotko, Sam Alvey and Kevin Holland. Allen now plans to halt Muniz’s momentum and establish himself as a middleweight title threat.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- Augusto Sakai (15-5-1, fighting out of Curitiba, Brazil) locks horns with Don’Tale Mayes (10-4, fighting out of Louisville, Ken.) in a clash of hard-hitting heavyweights
- Undefeated Tatiana Suarez (9-0, fighting out of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) makes her long awaited return against Montana De La Rosa (12-7-1, fighting out of Fort Worth, Texas) in a flyweight bout
- Dana White’s Contender Series signees collide when Mike Malott (8-1-1, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif. by way of Waterdown, Ontario, Canada) faces Yohan Lainesse (9-1, fighting out of St-Bruno, Quebec, Canada) at welterweight
- Unbeaten Trevor Peek (7-0 1NC, fighting out of Chattanooga, Tenn.) aims to turn heads in his UFC debut against returning Alex Reyes (13-3, fighting out of Victorville, Calif.) at lightweight
- Dana White’s Contender Series signee Jasmine Jasudavicius (7-2, fighting out of Niagara, Ontario, Canada) faces debuting Gabriella Fernandes (7-1, fighting out of Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil) in a flyweight bout
- Jordan Leavitt (10-2, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) meets Victor Martinez (13-4, fighting out of Pharr, Texas) at lightweight
- Ode’ Osbourne (11-5 1NC, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev. by way of Milwaukee, Wisc.) squares off with Charles Johnson (13-3, fighting out of St. Louis, Mo.) in a 130-pound catchweight bout
- Rafael Alves (20-11, fighting out of Miami, Fla. by way of Para, Brazil) takes on Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner Nurullo Aliev (7-0, fighting out of Dushanbe, Tajikistan) in a lightweight bout
- UFC newcomer Hailey Cowan (7-2, fighting out of Robinson, Texas) meets Ailin Perez (7-2, fighting out of Buenos Aires, Argentina) in a bantamweight bout
- Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner Jose Johnson (15-7, fighting out of Copperas Cove, Texas by way of La Romana, Dominican Republic) debuts against Garrett Armfield (8-3, fighting out of Deerfield Beach, Fla.) at bantamweight
- Erick Gonzalez (14-7, fighting out of Torrance, Calif.) faces undefeated Trevor Peek (7-0 1NC, fighting out of Chattanooga, TN) in a lightweight bout