UFC® 286 SEES BRITISH CHAMPION LEON EDWARDS’ FIRST BELT DEFENCE IN HIGHLY ANTICIPATED BOUT WITH KAMARU USMAN
(C) LEON EDWARDS vs. (#1) KAMARU USMAN
(#3) JUSTIN GAETHJE vs. (#6) RAFAEL FIZIEV
UFC® 286: EDWARDS vs. USMAN 3
TICKETS GO ON SALE FRIDAY, JANUARY 27
London, UK – UFC® returns to London for the third time in 12 months on Saturday, March 18, with a rematch of one of the most exhilarating fights of 2022. The O2 hosts once again as British UFC welterweight champion Leon Edwards headlines the card against No. 1 ranked Kamaru Usman in a trilogy bout. In the co-main, No. 3 contender Justin Gaethje faces off against No. 6 ranked Rafael Fiziev in a lightweight battle.
UFC® 286: EDWARDS vs. USMAN 3 tickets go on sale from 10:00 a.m. GMT on Friday, January 27 via AXS and Ticketmaster. Fight Club members can purchase tickets early at 10:00 a.m. GMT on Wednesday, January 25, whilst those who registered their interest early in this event will gain priority access at 10:00 a.m. GMT Thursday 26.
The UK’s second UFC champion, Edwards (20-3, fighting out of Birmingham, England) returns to the Octagon® looking to defend his title after a stunning knockout of Kamaru Usman last August. A well-rounded fighter known for his technical striking, he comes into this fight aiming to extend his 11-fight unbeaten streak in front of a home crowd as he takes on the last man to defeat him in the UFC.
Usman (20-2, fighting out of Florida, United States by way of Auchi, Nigeria) will be focused on avenging his sole UFC defeat at the hands of his next opponent. A dominant wrestler with knockout power in both hands, Usman was the pound for pound best fighter in the UFC prior to the defeat and was riding a 19-fight winning streak. Recently starring in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, he’ll be looking forward to making his hands do the talking this time.
Gaethje (23-4, fighting out of Colorado, United States), the No. 3 lightweight, will be hoping to get his name back in title contention with a big win in London. The American is an all-action fighter, securing 19 wins by knockout, including nine first-round finishes. Known as “The Highlight,” he will be looking to steal the show with only one decision needed in his last 14 fights.
Fiziev (12-1, fighting out of Phuket, Thailand by way of Baku, Azerbaijan) is on a six-fight win streak and is coming off a ‘Performance of the Night’ knockout of former lightweight champion Rafael Dos Anjos last September. A Muay Thai fighter with lethal striking, the No. 6 ranked contender is rapidly making a name for himself and has three knockouts in his last four bouts.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- No.4 ranked middleweight contender Marvin Vettori (18-6-1, fighting out of Mezzocorona, Italy) takes on No. 8 ranked Roman Dolidze (11-1, fighting out of Batumi, Georgia) in what should be a high-intensity clash.
- No.15 ranked Welshman Jack Shore (16-1, fighting out of Abergavenny, Wales) faces Finland’s Makwan Amirkhani (17-8, fighting out of Turku, Finland) in a featherweight match up.
- Undefeated Muhammad Mokaev (8-0, fighting out of Manchester, England by way of Dagestan) made his UFC debut in March last year in England’s capital. He returns to the O2 as No. 13 ranked flyweight to take on Brazil’s own Jafel Filho (14-2, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
- UFC veteran and submission specialist, Gunnar Nelson (18-5-1, fighting out of Reykjavik, Iceland), will face off against heavy handed Daniel Rodriguez (17-3, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada) in an all-action welterweight fight.
- In an all-British battle, Nathaniel Wood (19-5, fighting out of London, England) meets Lerone Murphy (11-0-1, fighting out of Manchester, England) in a matchup of rising prospects looking to make their mark in the featherweight division.
- Birmingham’s Jake Hadley (9-1, fighting out of Birmingham, England) will look to maintain his reputation as one of Britain’s most promising contenders in a collision with Malcolm Gordon (14-6, fighting out of Ontario, Canada).
- Scotland’s Joanne Wood (15-8, fighting out of Glasgow, Scotland) takes on Luana Carolina (8-3, fighting out Sao Paulo, Brazil) in a fiery contest between Muay Thai specialists.
- UFC debutant Christian Leroy Duncan (7-0, fighting out of Gloucester, England) plans to make his mark on the middleweight division as he faces Dusko Todorovic (12-3, fighting out of Belgrade, Serbia).
- Edwards’ teammate Jai Herbert (12-4, Wolverhampton, England) returns to the Octagon to lock horns with Ludovit Klein (19-4, Nitra Region, Slovakia).
- Dana White’s Contender Series alumni Sam Patterson (10-1-1, fighting out of Watford, England) takes on Yanal Ashmoz (6-0, fighting out of New Jersey, USA, by way of Israel) in a lightweight bout.
- Juliana Miller (3-1, fighting out of California, USA) faces Veronica Macedo (6-4-1, fighting out of Poznan, Poland) in a women’s flyweight bout.
This year coincides with the 30th anniversary of the world’s premier MMA organisation, which continues to innovate and demonstrate its commitment to growth in Europe. Following two sellout events last year, fans are advised to register their interest early via ufc.com/London to secure their tickets and to follow @UFCEurope on social media for the latest updates on this event.
VIP Experience packages are available via On Location, the UFC’s Official VIP Experience Provider. Enjoy exclusive access with an official ticket package that can feature premium seating, VIP access to weigh-ins, exclusive pre-fight hospitality, UFC Fighter meet-and-greets and more. For more information, visit UFCVIP.com to view package details.
Visit the UFC.com for information and content to support your UFC coverage. All bouts are live and subject to change.