Feedback Sought on Potential Improvements to Route 7 Business (East Market Street) in Leesburg
Learn about the study and take online survey through March 24, 2022.
Leesburg, VA (February 22, 2022) – The Virginia Department of Transportation and the Town of Leesburg, in coordination with Loudoun County, are asking travelers to give feedback on a STARS (Strategically Targeted Affordable Roadway Solutions) study assessing potential operational, safety and accessibility improvements for about a half-mile of Route 7 Business (East Market Street) between Plaza Street and the Route 15 Bypass.
Several draft preliminary design alternatives have been developed since the first round of virtual public involvement in fall 2021, that include:
- Improving traffic signal timing
- Installing high-visibility traffic signal backplates
- Adding a westbound right-turn lane at Plaza Street
- Installing pedestrian signage and additional lighting over crosswalks
- Improving access management for properties
- Adding speed-related signs, pavement markings and displays
- Enhancing the entrance to the eastbound Route 7 ramp to the northbound Route 15 Bypass, including signs, lighting and pavement markings
Route 7 Business (East Market Street) averages about 36,000 vehicle trips a day within the study limits based on 2019 data.
VDOT and the Town of Leesburg invite residents and travelers to learn more and share feedback. View the presentation online to learn more about the study and draft alternatives along Route 7 Business (East Market Street), then give input by taking the online survey through March 24, 2022. Public feedback provided will be used to develop recommendations that will be detailed in the final report that is scheduled to be released later this spring.